Updates and forced mechanics

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Starbridge

Updates and forced mechanics

Post by Starbridge » Fri May 10, 2024 12:33 am

When you make an update like the one that happened within the last 24 hours where you are forced to be a citizen to own a shop or property... it needs to be more intuitive. Click on a shop/house should tell you WHO owns the land so you know where to go to gain citizenship.

• Map pins

• Signage

• Property titled NPCs

(because I had no idea what NPC I was looking for so I was just clicking on everyone)

I was getting really frustrated trying to find something on the map that said STATE BUILDING for Anduron only to find out that Anduron didn't even own the land. The "District House" doesn't jump out as a state building... because when you walk inside of them you see shops and a bunch of rooms you can buy/rent.

The "Dockmaster" I would never have guessed to be the one you need to talk to. I would assume this man in in charge of the docks and ships, not state affairs.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Updates and forced mechanics

Post by Sincra » Fri May 10, 2024 1:06 pm

Area design things are not the purview of the code team, and while I can do as you have indicated it is also not something so simple as I would need to get the areas for most settlements.
Also, you can ask other players in game most of the time!
People usually want to help or show new faces around so don't be afraid to ask around.
Easy way to do it is something like:
"The administration of [X place] seems to be refusing my bid for that shop, do you know where I could go to become a citizen?"

Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.