Hub Holding Cell Could Be Better

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

perseid

Hub Holding Cell Could Be Better

Post by perseid » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:14 am

So upstairs in the hub interior there's a holding sell that's not... The worst... I mean it's got a dc 75 lock which isn't nothing. But imo if this is meant to be more than just decorative it could stand to be improved upon. A temporary lease w/ lock+trap calibrations akin to the one in Dis for example would make it viable as a holding cell for pcs of all skillsets. Further, the door is destroyable which arguably isn't an issue with a pc who has agreed to the capture rp already... But if an actual rescue attempt is mounted I think it bears considering given that actual jails typically have the benefit of at least one impregnable quarter door in my experience. A size expansion to allow for some hidden escape points or just more room for interrogation rp might also not be a bad consideration if a revamp did happen, but this one is flexible since the area itself isn't inherently warded to teleportation which makes escaping much easier and if a pc is around to ward the room then presumably the prisoner hasn't been left alone by themselves.

Naghast

Re: Hub Holding Cell Could Be Better

Post by Naghast » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:31 am

Dc 75 lock is surprisingly high for an ud jail that isn't just straight up a quarter

(As in, compared to other cells)

chris a gogo

Post by chris a gogo » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:02 pm

I think it bears considering given that actual jails typically have the benefit of at least one impregnable quarter door in my experience.

Which says to me jails shouldn't be behind impregnably doors as it removes the possibility of jail breaks.
But im probably in the minority in wanting the chance to have a character rescued.

perseid

Post by perseid » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:54 am

chris a gogo wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:02 pm

I think it bears considering given that actual jails typically have the benefit of at least one impregnable quarter door in my experience.

Which says to me jails shouldn't be behind impregnably doors as it removes the possibility of jail breaks.
But im probably in the minority in wanting the chance to have a character rescued.

Impregnable door was a figure of speech. I just meant that typically you would need a quarterbreaker to force your way into one.